First Week As an Intern...


Week 1 High-light: Emergency Preparedness Conference

Week one of my internship was a great preview of what my summer was going to be like with the High Plains Food Bank. Broc Carter, my supervisor and media director, began by giving me a tour of the High Plains Food Bank and introduced me to all the employees. I was excitedly welcomed by ever member of the HPFB staff and could immediately feel the passion and eagerness to do exactly what the mission statements entails: Alleviating Hunger in the Panhandle. I was given my own office space and was immediately given my first project to work on. 
The annual Emergency Preparedness Conference was going to be taking place at the end of the week and I was given the task to design and create the table that was to be placed for the High Plains Food Bank. I was explained that organizations such as the United Way and other emergency based agency put tables out to explain their organization and create awareness for their cause.  I began preparing the table by finding all the great information about the High Plains Food Bank that I wanted shared at the conference. After I gathered all of that information I decided I wanted to design how I imagined the table to look like before I actually began putting it all together. Using Photoshop I put my thoughts to a screen and created a good layout to fallow. I decided to even hand out High Plains Food Bank “swag” such as mugs, seeds to plant, and business cards. The next step was to design, print, and laminate the text that I would have on the tri-fold board and  the table itself. Finally all I had to do was wait for the day of the conference to arrive. 
When the day did come, Broc and I both went to the Amarillo Civic Center to set up our table. Everything fit perfect and Broc was very pleased with my work. Our table was very informative and was a huge success. Here is  a picture of my design layout that I created to help me accurately organize and utilize out table for the Emergency Preparedness Conference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment